- This heat alarm is powered by 120 VAC and a 9 Volt battery backup source. AC/DC heat alarms offer added protection in the event of a power failure or a drained battery.
- This alarm may be interconnected with a total of not more than 24 interconnected devices, i.e., as many as 12 other USI ELECTRIC or UNIVERSAL model smoke alarms or combination smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) or smoke and carbon monoxide / natural gas alarms; 5 other initiating alarms which may be a combination of USI ELECTRIC or UNIVERSAL CO Alarms and Heat Alarms; and six other noninitiatingdevices such as USI ELECTRIC Relay Modules
- This heat alarm will not attach to the mounting ring if a battery is not in the battery chamber.
- This heat alarm will sound a short beep about once a minute if the battery is weakor improperly connected.
- The green LED indicates that the heat alarm is receiving AC power and is workingunder normal operation.
- A loud 85 decibels at 10 feet alarm horn will sound to alert you of an emergency.
- The test button checks heat alarm operation.
Heat alarms are not life safety devices and are not designed to detect smoke or fire. They are intended to detect temperatures of 135oF or more and to provide an additional source of information that is supplemental to smoke alarms to increase the probability that an early warning will be provided to increase chances of life and property safety.