Safety Alert for Model MI3050S Smoke & Fire Alarm
It has been reported that some Universal Security Instruments battery powered alarms may have been installed without proper activation and testing.
Only Universal Security Instruments alarms Model MI3050S manufactured January 19, 2015 through July 11, 2016 can be affected.
- No USI Electric brand alarms are affected.
- No hardwired, 120V AC/DC alarms are affected.
- No carbon monoxide alarms, or carbon monoxide + natural gas alarms are affected.
- No combination alarms are affected.
Correctly identified alarms that do not test with the test button will be replaced. Follow the steps below to determine if your battery powered alarm is affected.
INCIDENTS & INJURIES:
To determine if your alarm is affected, follow the steps below.
- If the alarm sounds, it is operating correctly. No further action is necessary.
- If the alarm does not sound, it is necessary to remove the alarm from the mounting bracket by twisting it counter clockwise.
Once you have removed the alarm from the mounting bracket, please use the identification guide below to find the model number and date manufactured for your alarm.
If your alarm has now been correctly identified as model number MI3050S with a manufacture date January 19, 2015 through July 11, 2016, it may be affected. Press the test button. If the alarm sounds, no further action is required. If the alarm does not sound, please continue to the Product Registration for a replacement.